It’s time for another TTT! This week’s prompt is Rainy Day Reads! I absolutely love rainy days. To me, there’s nothing quite like the smell of rain. However, I will say that what I read on rainy days doesn’t really vary from what I typically read so this week I’ll just be sharing a quick list of my top 10 favorite things to do on a rainy day.
1) Blanket nest I love blankets! Hiding in a giant pile of blankets is one of the best ways to get super comfy and cozy while reading imo
2) Blanket fort While similar in concept to the blanket nest, the blanket fort varies structurally from the blanket nest, requiring some form of support to help create a tent-like space, ideal for snuggling with whatever pets might need emotional support during these clearly trying times
3) Snuggling scaredy-
cat dog My dog is scared of the rain to a ridiculous degree. While he’s gotten a lot better since I first adopted him (the sound of light rain on the windows reducing him to a shaking mess under furniture, completely unwilling to move at all), he still sometimes needs that little extra emotional support. He’ll usually snuggle up beside me wherever I am and just sleep while I’m reading when it rains.
4) Out on the porch One of my favorite things to do back when I lived with my parents was to go out on our porch swing during a storm and just read. While I haven’t had a porch since I moved out, I’d still jump at any chance I had to do so.
5) With the window open Since I don’t have a porch, I typically make do by cracking open a window and moving a chair over by it. Can’t let those good rain smells and sounds go to waste!
6) Window at a coffee shop If I’m out and about and it starts raining, I typically head for the nearest coffee shop or cafe and try to get a seat by a window to read until things calm down outside. Bonus points for stools by giant glass storefronts 😍
7) Tea! I have a bit of a tea problem. An entire cupboard’s worth of problem. Working at a tea store certainly didn’t help this problem at all. On rainy days I tend to go more for tea than coffee. If it’s hot out, a nice iced tea. Cold? A nice steamy mug of hot tea.
8) Face mask Hey, if I’m not leaving the house because of the weather, I might as well pamper myself. I love a good face mask and I always have a couple sheet masks on hand. Reading is a nice, quiet activity that let’s me relax while wearing a mask.
9) STAY IN BED I love bed. Not like, love. I get scolded a lot because it’s not really healthy to stay in bed all the time, especially when it comes to mental health, but I’m in a serious relationship with my bed and you can’t tear us apart. Rainy days are a nice excuse to stay in bed, close to the light of my life.
10) Bath bomb Similar to #8, if I’m going to be in because of the weather and am certainly not going to have to be out, I’m going to take full advantage and have a spa day. I love bath bombs – they’re pretty, smell good, and leave my skin feeling amazing, not to mention that a good soak is just what the doctor ordered some days. I’ll either wrap my kindle in a zipper pouch or have an audiobook playing on a bluetooth speaker while I’m enjoy my bath. If I’m feelin fancy, I might make it a bubble bath – just for funsies.
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by Jana at http://www.thatartsyreadergirl.com/ so be sure to go check her out!
Do you enjoy a rainy day? Do you have any go-to rainy day reads? Comment below and let me know!